The following links are opinions of others.
Read with a grain of salt and consider the following first and foremost:
- Taking a contrarian view enables you to separate the wheat from the chaff.
- IT is more about politics than it is about technology – Isagani Mendoza
- The real physics of software is the physics of people – Pieter Hintjens
- Software development is more about people than it is about computers – Philip O’Toole
- Why API is a POLITICAL concept, not a technical one (Martin Sustrik)
- Why understanding the problem domain is more important than the solution space
IT: The Bad Parts
Why all agile methodologies suck? Just ask Zed Shaw
Why XML sucks (use JSON instead)
Why Vagrant and Boot2Docker Sucks (just use plain VirtualBox)
Why UML sucks (use whiteboard and graphs instead)
Why Agile Manifesto sucks (beware of those who sell snake oil)
Why ITIL is a scam? Go figure